星期二, 7月 07, 2009

Catherine Yen BLOG

Ute Lemper sings Kurt Weill---
" I am a stranger here myself"
● Catherine Yen
詳細全文→
http://taiwanliterature.ning.com
/profiles/blogs/ute-lemper-sings-kurt-weill-i

---------------

I am a stranger here myself
(from one Touch of Venus)

Tell me, is love just a popular suggestion,
or merely an obsolete art?
Forgive me for asking this simple question,
I'm unfamiliar with his heart,
I am a stranger here myself.

Why is it wrong to murmur I adore him,
When it's shamefully obvious I do?
Does love embarrass him or does it bore him?
I'm only waiting for my cue,
I am a stranger here myself.

I dream of a day, a gay warm day,
With my face between his hands;
have I missed the path, have I gone astray?
I ask, but no one understands.

Love me or leave me, that seems to be the question,
I don't know the tactics to use,
But if he should offer a personal suggestion,
how could i possibly refuse
When I'm a stranger here myself?

For please tell me, tell a stranger,
by curiousity goaded,
is there really any danger
that love is now outmoded?
I'm interested especially
in knowing why you waste it,
true romance is so fleshly----
with what have you replaced it?
What is our latest foible?
Is gin rummy more exquisite?
Or is asking more enjoyable?
For heaven's sake, what is it>

I can't believe that love has lost its glamour,
that passion is really passed.
If gender is just a tern in grammar,
how can I ever find my way,
When I'm a stranger here myself?

And how can he ignore my available condition?
Why these Victorian view?
You see here before you a woman with a mission,
I must discover the key to his ignition.
and, if he should offer a diplomatic proposition,
how could I possibly refuse,
When I'm a stranger here myself?

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home